Thursday 6 November 2014

WHAT A D-ELITE!

Moving up to the bigger Hyundai i-hatchback

First things first: Thierry Neuville snagged Hyundai's first WRC win in the Rally of Germany in August. Fine achievement, that, but I couldn't help notice that even they don't have the new i20's face on their WRC machine. Next year, probably. As it stands now, I think it's up to me to give the new Elite i20 a proper shakedown run, WRCstyle. But I'm afraid to put even the slightest dent on the car. Sigh.

This new i20 is SUCH a good-looking car! Especially in this shade of blue that I've got, it's simply begging to be turned into a rally special. Every time I get inside it (after giving it a long, hard gaze, of course), I imagine that shade of blue screaming louder, decals emerging from within it, wheel arches assuming monstrous proportions, a giant wing sprouting violently above its hatch and a six-point harness holding my innards in place. Having moved up to the i20 after having lived with the Grand i10 and then the Xcent, I do see and feel the difference. It feels familiar on the inside, but much better in terms of quality and kit.

I can't really complain about the way it looks or runs. Heck, even the boot has already become home to my spare wheel and tyres. I love it already.

Published by : Motoring World

No comments:

Post a Comment