Tuesday 17 June 2014

Living in Urban Runabout

As an automotive journalist, I am constantly on the move. My day is usually packed with meetings and press conferences, which means that I am always driving to different places around the town, and usually at peak traffic hours. My earlier car was the Hyundai i10, but for a while now, I have been driving around in the Grand i10, which was earlier with our design head, Kapil.

I always thought the i10 was a fantastic city car, and after taking it on a few long road trips, I thought it was perhaps the perfect car for India because it performed extremely well on the highway too. The Grand i10, on the other hand, actually goes even further than the i10 in terms of performance and comfort. My past month with the Grand i10 has been a spectacular experience. The cabin space is really good and very comfortable for a tall driver like myself. For someone who has a hectic daily schedule, I’m thankful that I can drive all over the town without any kind of discomfort in the car. The Grand i10, although a bit longer than i10, is still the perfect size vehicle for the crowded urban streets. Therefore, making it easy to zip through traffic and finding a parking spot.





Not only is the diesel engine really good, but the manual transmission is also smooth and comfortable, making it easy to work with in case of slow traffic. The ride quality is also quite nice and the suspension does seem to fit most road conditions. The in-built sound system continues to keep me entertained with its high quality sound from the speakers. The overall quality in the cabin of the car is very nice, and everything from the dashboard to the seats is remarkable.

The exterior build quality and the sleek design of the Grand i10 is also very impressive. The car has been performing quite well, making it perfect for practical mobility solution for Indian roads. The grand i10 really does suit my needs and gets me where I need to go in comfort and with ease.

No comments:

Post a Comment